Brian Cox – LeWeb 2008 interview
Brian Cox is one of the interviews I was really looking forward to doing – and that was even before I realized that he was keyboarder of one of my favorite songs from the 90s. ;) He is genuinely excited about his job and having seen him at Lift last year explaining the universe you cannot help but be intrigued about what is behind all that.
- how he got Tony Blair elected with his band named D:Ream (Things can only get better)
- what he works on (and for the rest of his physicist stuff I suggest you have a look at his Wikipedia page)
- how the world works and the forces of nature
- why the rumors about a black hole where nonsense when starting the particle accelerator at cern
- but what science fiction instead can teach us
- speaks excitingly about this experiment which can put some light to big bang theory
- things that it helps to understand who we are where, we came from and where we are going
- his appearances on his TV and radio programs, like to explain science in a simple way and why that is a good thing
- underlines the importance of science and how the commoner should be aware of science – it is usually payed by tax payers so they should be able to understand it
- most of the liberties which we are used to now came from science – the Web for example was invented at CERN
- it’s not fault of knowledge that it is used in a wrong way
Science is above all else is a reaction to the human condition. The universe is wonderful, confusing interesting and scary at the same time – and you react to that. […] Leweb themes is an emotional theme, and there is a profoundly emotional reaction to the universe if you see it through the eyes of science. … Love your universe.
Want to spread the love? Why not tweet (click on link to tweet)
listening to http://tr.im/ctbk085 with Brian Cox leweb interview
- If you have a favourite quote to add to the shownotes, please leave a comment (or tweet and include ctbk085)
- You can find a list of all of my interviews for Leweb using this link.
- Follow what others are saying using the tag "leweb or leweb08" on Twitter.
- Link for the podcast feed – if you subscribe in itunes, be careful to adapt the settings or you only will get one episode per day!