Fred Wilson – LeWeb 2008 interview
We talk about
- why he is interested in the ways the web changes the business world and how internet companies can – while America is facing the downturn – grow and actually take market shares from existing businesses
- why he has, despite of the down turn, an optimistic outlook for web-based companies and will invest aggressively
- his fields of investment and the restructuring of the media industries
- characteristics of the kind of businesses he is interested in
- why the area of finance is in great need of being reinvented
- I think the time has come to change the way that consumer finance business works and make it work better for the consumer and be more transparent for the consumer
- why consumers should start to manage their finances on their own and how the web could help here
- why he started to invest in European companies and why it is difficult to finance projects based in Asia
- in which areas of (web) technology Europe is ahead of the States and more innovative
- why European entrepreneurs should rather take a global approach when doing business and some advantages of European entrepreneurs over their American counterparts
Want to spread the love? Why not tweet (click on link to tweet)
- If you have a favourite quote to add to the shownotes, please leave a comment (or tweet and include ctbk088) with it
- You can find a list of all of my interviews for Leweb using this link.
- Follow what others are saying using the tag "leweb or leweb08" on Twitter.
- Link for the podcast feed – if you subscribe in itunes, be careful to adapt the settings or you only will get one episode per day!