Itay Talgam – LeWeb 2008 interview
As a conductor Itay Talgam gets many people (who are creative in their own individual aspects) to work coherent together and make music – the similarities to business and technology are striking. Understanding such an ‘outside’ topic like music and conducting orchestras might give you some new insight and ideas.
We talk about:
- what is a conductor doing in internet conference (because the love for music is everywhere)
- how a conductor connects with his players and audiences
- why music brings people together and is so very emotional – music is a shared experience yet is a private thing
- anything organized in time could be music / music a visual process
- technology is a way to broaden the way how we experience the world, for example how you can make music from the electronic information coming from a GPS satellite, feel a movement in space to transform into music
- creativity through collaboration: a conductor is working with 100 people, the music played by somebody else – how without to limit induividual creatvity still harness all energy to get a coherent interpretation
- why he would like to see some ‘spiritual’ discussion take place
Want to spread the love? Why not tweet (click on link to tweet)
- If you have a favourite quote to add to the shownotes, please leave a comment (or tweet and include ctbk089) with it
- You can find a list of all of my interviews for Leweb using this link.
- Follow what others are saying using the tag "leweb or leweb08" on Twitter.
- Link for the podcast feed – if you subscribe in itunes, be careful to adapt the settings or you only will get one episode per day!