Linda Avey – LeWeb 2008 interview
Linda Avey is the Co-Founder of 23andMe, a company which enables people to access and understand their own personal genetic information. Basically they are using the curiosity of a human being to find out more about themselves, but want to help them at the same time. As they describe it:
23andMe, Inc. is the leading personal genetics company dedicated to helping individuals understand their own genetic information through DNA analysis technologies and web-based interactive tools.
We talk about
- what kind of information you get back and how to use it
- how many samples they have in their database and how they use it
- privacy and security of the data
- what they hope to track / research and share with others
- from anchestry up to "how much does coffee work on me?"
The website has some great slideshows of the results, for example:
Want to spread the love? Why not tweet (click on link to tweet)
- If you have a favourite quote to add to the shownotes, please leave a comment (or tweet and include ctbk095) with it
- You can find a list of all of my interviews for Leweb using this link.
- Follow what others are saying using the tag "leweb or leweb08" on Twitter.
- Link for the podcast feed – if you subscribe in itunes, be careful to adapt the settings to geht all episodes or you only will get one episode per day!