Reboot 9: Alexander Kjerulf
Alexander Kjerulf is the “Chief Happiness Officer” and will present his talk “Happiness is subversive – Let’s change the world. With happiness.“.
He and I talk about:
- the importance on being happy
- a bit bragging about his work – but it is all fun
- last years interview with him
- how he wrote on / with the blog his book “Happy Hour is 9 to 5“
- people are very happy at work in Scandinavia!
- and danes and swedes are absolutely the same *duck and cover*
- happy startup companies in Eastern Europe – we are more the same than we are different
- why happiness is subversive and anger will only take you so far
- motivation is towards a brighter future than being motivated to move away from a problem
- what is important to you? if you come back from an exhausting weekday, how much fun are you really for your family?
- be passionate, be happy and earn more
- say no to some customers
- put your happiness first and a lot of trouble will go away
He mailed me also:
“I would not give a fig for the simplicity this side of complexity, but I would give my life for the simplicity on the other side of complexity.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
[Link for the podcast feed – if you subscribe in itunes, be careful to adapt the settings or you only will get one episode per day!]