Reboot 9: Chris Locke
We could be heroes. Or profoundly bored. Everybody smokes pot now but still there is no world peace. Only one thing is certain: birth and death. Bummer.
Chris Locke and I talk about various aspects:
- of course Cluetrain and his presentation “mortality & sense of humor“
- why he is bored with conferences but not with reboot
- experiences with trips to Europe and Tokyo
- how artificial intelligence was the darling of the 80s
- and the internet was also coming out of the military academic industrial complex but virtual worlds seem to originate not from there
- the famous Deep-fried Mars Bar
- we may not be as free thinking as we though; the inheriting of mindsets which are not as squeaky clean as some would like to be
- his dismay about people blogging about blogging
- why he wanted commerce involved in the net so they would sign up everybody to be on the net
- now they are voluntary slaves – do we really ask at the end of our life if we have been a good consumer?
- follow paths others have not been at
- and how all of this hopefully will lead up to a book some day: Mystic Bourgeoisie.
I am now going to listen to Bowie again. ;)
[Link for the podcast feed – if you subscribe in itunes, be careful to adapt the settings or you only will get one episode per day!]