Reboot 9: Dan Dixon
Dan Dixon is a lecturer and researcher, having made the change from agency land to being an academic, but wants to know if there is there a theory of everything for web design. He promised that you do not have to understand physics or mathematics. ;) His talk at reboot is about “Quantum mechanics and web design GUTs, Strings, Architecture and Theories of Everything“.
We talk about …
- the influence from the english speaking world, the common wealth and the US and areas who are more english than the Brits
- what is different about agency and academic land
- same language, different world or why moving from London to Bristol was more of a shock
- how teenagers do learn it socially, but do not analyse or reflect what they are doing – or why technology may be magic.
- his background in physics and mathematics and the question if this can be applied to the net / web design
- what this technical direction has to do with this topic “human” and why he is more interested in the human side rather than the technical
The conference he was talking about is happening on the 26th of September and there is as well an upcoming link.
(I am very sorry I managed to not shut off my microphone while taking notes!)
[Link for the podcast feed – if you subscribe in itunes, be careful to adapt the settings or you only will get one episode per day!]