Reboot 9: Kars Alfrink
Kars Alfrink is a Dutch interaction designer as well as a teacher for game designers; he is going to present on “Mobile Social Play“.
He and I talk about:
- he is available from July on for freelancing. ;)
- how his students go from being annoyed to be intrigued
- new directions for mobile possibilities
- mobile space and every day reality
- how ilovebees got into a presidential campaign
- what is game? what is play?
- misunderstood layers: a set of rules to define the game / a visual layer / social context
- how the gaming industry could push innovation and how he would like to bridge those worlds
- serious games and why they focus on the wrong layer
- accept your playful self!
[Link for the podcast feed – if you subscribe in itunes, be careful to adapt the settings or you only will get one episode per day!]