Reboot 9: Lilia Efimova
I am starting off the preconf podcasts with an interview with Lilia Efimova. Her talk at reboot is going to be “Work, us and our kids“.
- she is a researcher, born russian and now living in the netherlands.
- she explains why she got the “international virus” and moved into research.
- We have a talk about her growing up as a russian and funny misconception about russia,
- why she travels to reboot with the whole family and why she as mother of a 4 months old would like to host the conversatoin “Work, us and our kids“
We don’t have a work-life balance anymore. We work from home (ever heard those little voices on the background during a phone conference?); our partners become our colleagues; we bring family to conferences…
- Do you mix kids and work or do you keep those two worlds apart?
- If you do, then what and how? Does it work?
- What does it change? For you? For your work? For your kids?
- Is it good or bad?
- What do we need to have a healthy work-kids balance? What kinds of employers? Partners? Kids? Working conditions? Homes? Technology? Mindset?
During Reboot she especially would like to invite all parents to come to the conversation! :)
(I am very sorry I managed to not shut off my microphone while taking notes!)
[Link for the podcast feed – if you subscribe in itunes, be careful to adapt the settings or you only will get one episode per day!]