Reboot 9: Matthias Müller-Prove
Matthias Müller-Prove is a computer scientist, and working as a User Experience Engineer & Interaction Designer for StarOffice and OpenOffice.org. He is giving a talk about “A Duel between Desktop and Web“.
He and I talk about:
- his interest in the history human computer interaction
- the short summary of his thesis
- books from the cellar
- Douglas Engelbert’s demo
- we do not reinvent – earlier interaction designers had it easier because there was no need for backward compatibility
- general environment of web application is not seen in a holistic way
- computer system should empower the user!
- desktop environment is not improved anymore, web people do not have the big vision and do not get out of the boundaries of the browser – both are crippled
- the problem of different OS and the different ways to work with them
- there is no consistent global guideline for all kind of devices – www to mobile to consoles
- stay in first life and empower it!
Some notes from him:
Still looking for a personal dynamic medium for creative thought…
[Link for the podcast feed – if you subscribe in itunes, be careful to adapt the settings or you only will get one episode per day!]