When programmers are not able to do a simple version check …
With ThinkFree Office Online you can :
* Create Microsoft Office-compatible documents from the Web
* Open and edit your Office documents anywhere and anytime
* Post documents directly to your blog without any conversion
* Create powerful Web presentations using a familiar interface
* Convert your existing documents to PDF format
Cool! But when taking the tour, I do get this dialog at the last page:
Thinkfree Online needs Mozilla Firefox 1.0.1 or later
It is not possible to run ThinkFree Office Online correctly on your current browser.
Update your browser to the latest version at the Mozilla Web Site
After your browser updated, you can run Thinkfree Online correctly.
I don’t think so, because *I* do run version 1.0.6, which is clearly high enough. This happens so often around the net, that a programmer is not able to programm a decent version check, that I could scream.
Will I sign up now? Of course not, I “can’t”. Will I wait and remember to comeback? Unlikely. And all because some programmer did not do his homework.
Tags: the small things